Sunday 19 December 2010

Proof that astrology works

Sometimes in life it is necessary simply to admit that one was wrong. I have been dismissive of astrology in the past on the (spurious, it turns out) grounds that the constellations are more worried about the eventual heat death of the universe than human affairs. Well, I was wrong and I'm big enough to admit it.

This morning I was drinking a cup of tea. I noticed that the mug from which I was sipping bore a remarkably prescient description of me (and presumably all other Capricorns). My Mum gave me this mug when I was a child. Goodness knows what a Freudian would make of that but I'm pretty sure that I'd be banged up if I gave a similar 'gift' to one of my kids. I'm thinking of starting a support group for other talentless losers born under the sign of the goat. Contact me if you're interested in joining.

3 comments:

  1. Just - just - possibly, this meme originated the uberleft US magazine Mother Goose in December 1977:
    http://bit.ly/i74Yqi
    Bit unjust to say Mao Zedong(December 26, 1893)and Richard Nixon (January 9, 1913) didn't do much of anything - didn't they do far too much of everything?
    But as a fellow talentless loser born under the goat, I'd love to join your support group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, hooray, a comment! I love you, whoever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've set up a website - www.goatssuck.org - we can exchange tips there for coping with life at the very bottom of the pile.

    ReplyDelete